Sugar Daddies: The fabled unicorn of internet sellers. Every poor, hard-working college girls dream. A rich admirer who wants to pay you an allowance to flirt, make them feel loved, and spoil you. As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. They are out there, but they are few and far between. It's more likely the guy who contacted you is a scammer.
One of the most common ways sellers get scammed when they start out is by "Sugar Daddies" and sugar daddy groups. These assholes prey on the desperate and uninformed new seller. They are easy to spot in groups because they usually post for any seller to contact them. On sugar daddy sites, they will message you and tell you they are looking for a sweet, trustworthy baby to spoil. They will ask you to text them on their phone, or message them on kik. This means they don't really have interest in you as a sugar baby. They just want to see what they can get from you.
But, if one gets through the first warning signs and seems like he might be real, here are some things to look out for when dealing with sugar daddies that can save you a lot of time, effort, frustration, and sometimes even money.
1. They ask for your bank details. A scammer daddy, or salty daddy, as they are sometimes called, will often try to turn suspicions around at you. They refuse to use legitimate payment methods and insist on doing direct deposits. They will often say they have been scammed many times before and it is on the recommendation of their bank manager or finance officer (the title varies on how well they speak English). ACH transfers are almost always a scam. Don't fall for it. Giving them your bank account number and app password leaves you open to being robbed, and having to pay your bank overdraft charges. Never give out your bank account details to a potential sugar daddy. If they mention their financial advisor or adding you to the payroll, run the other way. Even if they actually add you to the payroll you can be considered an accessory to embezzlement and employment fraud. If they have a financial advisor controlling their play money they obviously don't have money. Nobody consults their accountant or financial advisor about their dating habits unless they're already in extreme financial difficulty and desperately need someone to keep a tight hold on their spending.
2. They ask for your credit card details. Some sugar daddies will say they want to prove themselves by paying off your credit card debt. They get your details, charge your account, and leave you in greater debt than when you started. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!
3. Western Union or PayPal payments. Another version of a sugar daddy scam is when they wire money through Western Union, and then ask you to return some of it, plus fees. The payment bounces, and you are left as the responsible party or an accomplice for fraud. Or they will send payment through PayPal, goods and services, instead of friend and family, and will request a refund. This often leads to a locked PayPal account and can even leave you with less than you had before, and whatever money you have in your PayPal account will be locked up for six months during a pending investigation. It is possible that you will never see that money again.
4. Prepaid visa cards, iTunes, Amazon card account, et cetera. They ask you to buy a prepaid card so they can load money on to the balance, but really, they will just empty the balance once you give them the number and pin code.
5. They want to send over Cashapp but you have to send a deposit to "unlock" the payment. Cashapp has never required recipients to pay a deposit to receive money. If you pay the fee, you will never see that money again.
6. They ask for nudes or services before payment. A lot of men will scam free content by saying they want a trial period, or they only pay a certain day of the week. Never waste your time on one of these guys. They will never pay and you will have given away your pictures and videos for free. Sometimes they will claim they are too busy with work. If they have time to talk to you, they aren't too busy to pay you. Payment takes a lot less time than you'll be wasting on them. If they try this, offer them a daily GFE option and set the price based on what he wants from you that day.
A legitimate sugar daddy will not ask you for anything for free. A legitimate sugar daddy will not ask you to give out personal information. A legitimate sugar daddy will not ask for a free trial. A legitimate sugar daddy will not pressure you into anything you feel uncomfortable doing.
Ferralyn River has been nude modeling since 2001 but didn't begin camming or creating adult content until 2018. She immediately transitioned into full-time content creation and has been active on Chaturbate, Pornhub, Onlyfans and more. Learn more about her here.